The workshop educates users on the methodologies behind the IMPLAN software and presents a collection of best practices when using both the IMPLAN Pro or IMPLAN Online platform. Specific steps emphasized during the workshop include “framing” an impact before beginning your analysis, and interpreting and reporting your results most accurately and effectively.
Workshop materials provided to attendees include the educational slide show presentation used in class, the instructor and participant study examples, and the interactive classroom workbook. Upon completion of the training workshop, users should be able to successfully perform rudimentary economic impact analyses with IMPLAN Pro or IMPLAN Online, understand their results, and report their findings accurately and clearly. While advanced topics are briefly discussed during the sessions, they are not the focus of this workshop.
Below is a complete agenda for each of the workshop’s two-and-a-half days:
Day 1 (1p – 5:30p)
- What are economic impact analyses and who performs them?
- Distinguishing Contribution Analysis from Impact Analysis
- Social vs. economic impacts, industries vs. commodities, and backwards and forward linkages
- IMPLAN terms
- Distinguishing Activities, Events, and Scenarios
- How to “frame” your problem (instructor demonstration)
Day 2 (9a – 5:30p)
- Net impact analysis: An example of framing your problem and Activity Level (using IMPLAN Online)
- College impact: Separating construction, operations, and student spending (using IMPLAN Pro)
- Margins and LPP (Local Purchase Percentage) (using IMPLAN Pro)
- Customizing events (using IMPLAN Pro)
- Exploring IMPLAN data (using both IMPLAN Pro and IMPLAN Online)
Day 3 (9a – 5:30p)
- Day 2 review
- The effect of assumptions on your study (using IMPLAN Pro)
- Group exercise: A good, better, and best study (using IMPLAN Pro)
- Louis World Series: Tying margins, Activity Level, deflators, and employment considerations together (using IMPLAN Online)
- Contribution revisited (using IMPLAN Online)
- Advanced modeling techniques (using IMPLAN Pro)
- What’s next?
16905 Northcross Drive
Huntersville, NC 28078
Candlewood Suites Huntersville
16530 Northcross Drive
Huntersville, NC 28078
Attendees are responsible for their own lodging and accommodations. Blocks of rooms are reserved, but room costs are not included in the workshop fee. When booking a room please mention that you are attending the IMPLAN workshop to receive a discounted room rate (while they are available).
Register for this workshop now at: https://implan.com/product/intro-to-implan-pro-workshop-huntersville-nc-jan-17th-19th/